Your Dose of Inspirational Quotes To Help You Through Recovery

Winning the fight against addiction is no small feat. Whether you’ve remained in recovery the first time around or it’s taken you a few tries to get it right, you deserve to be recognized for your efforts to live a healthier lifestyle after overcoming addiction.

Part of maintaining your sobriety means working on your confidence, your self-esteem, empowering yourself to better, feel better, and live a better lifestyle. Here’s some inspiration to keep that confidence up, boost your self-love, and remind you that you’re never in this alone.

Recovery Quotes to Keep You Afloat on The Darkest of Days

1.      “Nothing is impossible; the word itself says, ‘I’m possible!’” – Audrey Hepburn
2.      “Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It’s perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday.” – John Wayne
3.      “If things go wrong, don’t go with them.” – Roger Babson
4.      I avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.” – Charlotte Bronte
5.      “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” Robert Collier
6.      “It’s difficult to believe in yourself because the idea of self is an artificial construction. You are, in fact, part of the glorious oneness of the universe. Everything beautiful in the world is within you.” – Russell Brand
7.      “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
8.      “I understood, through rehab, things about creating characters. I understood that creating whole people means knowing where we come from, how we can make a mistake and how we overcome things to make ourselves stronger.” – Samuel L. Jackson
9.      “There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” – Anaïs Nin
10.  “Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.” – Charlotte Whitton

Here’s one more to remember just how strong you really are:

“In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger — something better, pushing right back.” – Albert Camus

Reference
N.D. “70 Best Quotes for Addiction Recovery”. Addiction. (website). September 2014