Here’s to A New Year and A New You

Is there any thing better than the turn of the new year, getting a fresh start and a fresh attitude about your life and goals? I know its totally cliché and you should never wait for the “right time” or new year to start doing things right but hey, any excuse to get right is a good reason, don’t you think?

This year, I want you all to think about simplicity – simplify your life in the new year. That means, you’ve got to take the time to reflect on where you’re at right now. Don’t be afraid to get honest with yourself. If you’re honest about where you’re truly at and where you want to get to this year, you’ll get a much clearer picture of your values and it will help you decide what it is that you must do to get to where you want to be.

Next, break your goals down into small, actionable steps. Sometimes our goals can seem unobtainable, too hard, or unrealistic. But, really, our goals are nothing but a bunch of small successes piling up. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, for everything in life that you want to accomplish, try the crowding out method.

Many things we want to accomplish like better health, weight loss, addiction, everything focusing on what you must stop doing, stop saying, stop indulging in. But, sometimes it’s hard to part ways with our habits. What I find is that instead of limiting we, try the opposite. If your goal is better health or fitness or even addiction (yes!) just, try adding good things into your day.

Whether it’s better food, better sleep, better water intake, more time spent being positive, add it into your day. Every couple of days, once you have mastered what you added in, add something else in. Over time, you’re going to fill your day with positivity, better choice, and you’ll achieve positive outcomes.

So, what are you waiting for? Jump into the new year as the new you!

Reference
N.D. “Make the Road to Recovery a Simple One”. Addiction Help Today. (website). 2019