About 6 percent of Americans suffer from a serious mental illness, and mental disorders are the leading cause of disability. Even though the problem of mental illness is this widespread, finding an appropriate treatment center can be hard. Luxury Malibu psychiatric centers are a great option for many people. Combining upscale accommodations and state-of-the-art medical practices, high-end treatment facilities are an increasingly popular option for dealing with all types of psychiatric illness.f
Types of Mental Disorders
Upscale Malibu psychiatric centers are equipped to deal with a range of disorders. Common psychiatric disorders fall into several categories:
- Anxiety disorders. Characterized by unreasonable levels of fear, dread and anxiety, these disorders include general anxiety disorder, PTSD, OCD, panic disorder and phobias.
- Mood disorders. Also called affective disorders, mood disorders include depression, bipolar disorder and mania.
- Psychotic disorders. Involving distorted awareness and hallucinations, schizophrenia is the most common psychotic disorder.
- Eating disorders. Anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder are the most common eating disorders.
- Addiction and impulse control disorders. Disorders that fall into this category include compulsive gambling, drug and alcohol addictions and kleptomania.
- Personality disorders. Antisocial personality disorder and paranoid personality disorder are two examples of this type of disorder.
About 45 percent of people with a mental disorder have two or more comorbid mental illnesses. If you are, or a loved one is, currently suffering from a mental illness, call us today at 1-888-319-2606 Helpline Information . We are available 24/7 to get you started on the road to mental health.
Mental Health Treatment
Successful treatment for a mental disorder involves a specific treatment plan tailored to fit your needs. A comprehensive approach including several types of treatments is usually the most effective, and high-end Malibu inpatient psychiatric programs specialize in this. The following are several types of mental health treatments:
- Psychotherapy. There are many kinds of psychotherapy, including cognitive behavioral therapy, psychoanalysis and family therapy. These therapies employ a range of psychological techniques to effect changes in behavior. Psychotherapeutic methods are administered by trained mental health professionals.
- Medication. There are a range of medications used in the treatment of mental disorders, including antidepressants, anti-psychotics, mood stabilizers and stimulants. These medications can be prescribed by a family doctor or psychiatrist.
- Creative therapies. Music therapy and art therapy are sometimes used to treat some mental disorders.
- Electroconvulsive therapy. This type of therapy, referred to as ECT, involves electrically inducing seizures and is used on the most resistant disorders that have not responded to other treatments.
Accommodations at Upscale Malibu Treatment Centers
Malibu Luxury psychiatric recovery programs offer private accommodations that have been furnished with your comfort in mind, allowing you to focus on your treatment. With space to relax and private bathing facilities, these centers cater to your needs while offering a healing environment. From luxurious linens to fine furniture, these facilities are all about comfort.
“We can provide you with treatment options and information to get you on your way to a better and healthier life.”Treatment for any kind of mental disorder can be stressful, and these furnishings can make the process easier while giving you the space and opportunity for personal growth and reflection. If you are, or a loved one is, currently struggling with a mental disorder, remember you are not alone. Our representatives are here 24/7 to take your call at 1-888-319-2606 Helpline Information . We can provide you with treatment options and information to get you on your way to a better and healthier life.
The key to treating any kind of mental disorder is personalized care, and luxury Malibu psychiatric programs excel in this area. With low staff-to-patient ratios, you will get the personal attention you need to recover. Each patient will receive a personal treatment plan that will address the roots of the problem and take into account any comorbid mental disorders. Multidisciplinary teams will oversee all aspects of patient care, and the staff is available 24/7 to see to your personal needs. This type of one-on-one attention ensures that your treatment will be as tailored to your specific needs as possible.
There are many extras available to make your stay at a luxury Malibu psychiatric center even more comfortable. Exercise programs are available, including traditional gyms, hiking, boating, games and swimming, so you can have a healthy body as well as a healthy mind. Therapeutic activities, such as art, music, drama, wilderness expeditions and woodland hikes are also available. To supplement your treatment, alternative therapies such as acupuncture, massage, yoga and Pilates are frequently available. Many upscale Malibu psychiatric centers take a holistic approach to patient care and believe that the body as well as the mind needs to be healthy for a successful course of treatment.
Choosing Luxury Psychiatric Services at Malibu Recovery Centers
People with mental health issues are often hesitant to seek help due to fear of disclosure or rejection. Mental illness can quickly become overwhelming, but help is available. With the comprehensive treatment options offered by luxury Malibu psychiatric programs, you can be on the road to a healthier and more fulfilling life. If you are, or someone you love is, currently struggling with a mental disorder, call us anytime at 1-888-319-2606 Helpline Information for more information and treatment options.
You are never too old to improve your health and quality of life!