“Private room treatment centers are expensive, but they will typically offer the highest quality of care and the lowest staff-to-patient ratios in the industry.”
What Are Private Rehab Programs?
Private drug rehab programs administered by private rehabilitation centers are among the most sought-after rehab and recovery treatment options for chemical dependency. A private drug and alcohol treatment center, unlike a state-run institution, operates at a profit, so it is financially motivated to deliver better results. Private recovery facilities exist in just about every region in America. If you’re looking for help for a loved one or for yourself and would like to be referred to a private room treatment facility, you can reach the help you need at 1-888-319-2606 Helpline Information .
A number of private rehab center options exist for those struggling with alcohol or drug addictions. Private room treatment centers are expensive, but they will typically offer the highest quality of care and the lowest staff-to-patient ratios in the industry.
Advantages of Private Rehab Facilities
According to a study published by the Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, patients undergoing rehabilitation after becoming addicted to drugs or alcohol were substantially more likely to remain sober if they had access to supportive environments during the post-acute phases of their private-room treatment programs. Another study found that the best outcomes for those in recovery were achieved when, during the course of their treatments – whether inpatient or outpatient – their individual needs had been identified early and frequently revisited and revised. Revisiting might consist of periodic medical workups at the private recovery center itself, one-on-one counseling sessions inside the private recovery facilities, or group therapy that encourages residents to initiate conversations with the staff and to be open and honest about what they need from their treatment programs.
Disadvantages of Private Rehab Facilities
While there are numerous advantages to private rehab centers, there are a few potential drawbacks to consider when choosing a facility that best meets you or a loved ones unique needs.
- Cost. The cost will vary depending on the facility’s amenities, accommodations, and services, but generally, private facilities cost more than public facilities. Private insurance may help cover the cost, but it will depend on the facility and your specific insurance plan. Cash or self-payment, private insurance, and Medicaid were reported to be the most commonly accepted payments at Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) facilities.
- Location. Some private rehab programs offer the luxury of more spacious facilities and grounds, but this can also mean that they are more secluded and difficult to access. It’s important to factor in travel time and associated costs when choosing a private rehab center.
- Peer interaction. Private rehab programs typically provide ample peer support, which has been shown to offer many advantages, yet some people may feel uncomfortable with a more intimate environment. In a smaller group setting, there are more opportunities to interact with a diverse group of individuals, which should be considered when choosing the appropriate type of addiction treatment.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Private Drug Rehab
Both of these goals can be met very well by private drug and alcohol rehab programs. Programs such as these enjoy a set of rather large advantages over the older, more traditional state-run or third-party-financed centers, including:
- More time. The amount of time addicts and alcoholics are able to arrange to spend in non-private drug or alcohol rehabilitation programs is generally limited to what their insurance will pay for. This could be 30 days, 60 days or up to 90 days. No matter how generous the insurance policy is, however, a cap will be placed on the length of the patient’s stay in the clinics. Private centers do not operate under these constraints, making it possible for patients to receive care for as long as they need.
- More staff. The higher costs of private rehab aren’t being wasted. One of the finer selling points of private programs over publicly funded or state-run facilities is their far lower ratio of staff members to patients. These staff members are highly trained professionals who run the facility and treat the patients in the recovery program.
- Fewer disruptions. One of the nice things about a privately funded rehab center is its relative freedom over the program in place and its application of the house rules to the patients within. Some people simply fail to respond to treatment for their addictions and may even become hostile toward the staff and other patients. A private center has the option to evict such patients from the program to maintain a high level of respect and peace within the facility for those who are dedicated to their recoveries.
- Better chances. One of the most important factors in the successful long-term recovery rates of addicts and alcoholics is the degree of support they have waiting for them after discharge from their programs. One of the easiest ways to build the necessary bridges for patients in a facility is to bring together people from similar backgrounds who share similar outlooks on life. The creation and maintenance of a reliable, long-term support group will very often make all the difference for those who are faced with discharge to transition back to the lives that sent them for drug treatment in the first place. All of this can be most easily achieved when all participants involved feel they have the freedom to decide for themselves whether or not to be involved in the process, as opposed to a state-run facility, which might mandate a particular course of follow-up treatment and care.
Find Private Rehab Centers Near Me
Drug and alcohol abuse impacts the lives of those facing addiction themselves in addition to their close friends and loved ones. If you or someone you are close to is dealing with a drug or alcohol addiction, help finding private substance abuse treatment is available. Please call 1-888-319-2606 Helpline Information for information about substance abuse problems and for help finding the private recovery centers and addiction recovery programs best suited to your situation.
You are never too old to improve your health and quality of life!