Review 67 Drug and Alcoholism Recovery Centers and Resources in New Jersey
Recovery Centers of America at LighthouseMays Landing, NJRecovery Centers of America’s main concern is patient safety, whether from their addiction, or COVID-19. RCA has implemented new...
Pinelands Recovery Center of MedfordMedford, NJLocated on a secluded 44-acres, the Medford center offers comprehensive addiction treatment with an industry-leading reputation for quality care. Ambrosia...
Victory Bay Recovery CenterLaurel Springs, NJWe are you. People seeking Recovery want hope. And results. They want to know the people they are...
Advanced Health & EducationEatontown, NJAddiction is a destructive force that can wreak havoc on the lives of people suffering from the disease, and everyone...
Boca Recovery CenterGalloway, NJBoca Recovery Center is here to provide the best quality care in the treatment of drug and alcohol addiction.Alina LodgeBlairstown, NJTreatment at Alina Lodge is based on the idea that addiction is a chronic, progressive and potentially fatal disease that...Recovery Centers of America at LighthouseMays Landing, NJRecovery Centers of America’s main concern is patient safety, whether from their addiction, or COVID-19. RCA has implemented new...Enlightened SolutionsEgg Harbor City, NJThe mission of Enlightened Solutions, LLC is to help individuals and families struggling with substance use disorder recover the mind,...Behavioral Crossroads, LLCEgg Harbor Township, NJOur mission is to assist individuals who have a severe and persistent mental illness and substance use disorders with developing...Discovery InstituteMarlboro, NJThe Discovery Institute views dependence as a disorder of the “whole person” affecting every aspect of his or her behavior,...Excel Treatment CenterDover, NJTo provide excellence in outpatient substance use treatment using strong clinical, psychiatric and family support services. We accomplish this by...Endeavor HouseKearny, NJEndeavor House is a New Jersey-based alcohol and drug treatment center for adult men and women. The facility in Kearny...Serenity at Summit Princeton JunctionPrinceton Junction, NJWe partner with the individual to begin a transformational journey from hope to healing and beyond. ...Center for HealingEwing, NJAt Center for Healing we believe in treating people like people and not just a number. Our staff knows...SOBA New JerseyNew Brunswick, NJSOBA New Jersey offers comprehensive clinical treatment and case management services to individuals suffering from substance abuse and mental...Recovery Centers of America at Raritan BaySouth Amboy, NJRecovery Centers of America’s main concern is patient safety, whether from their addiction, or COVID-19. RCA has implemented new...Endeavor HouseKeyport, NJEndeavor House is a New Jersey-based alcohol and drug treatment center for adult men and women. The facility in Keyport...Eva's VillagePaterson, NJFounded in 1981, Eva’s Village was the first peer-driven recovery center in New Jersey. The facility believes that active drug...Recovery Centers of America at Raritan BaySouth Amboy, NJAlpha Healing CenterJersey City, NJAlpha Healing Center offers a variety of outpatient services for individuals struggling with alcohol and drug addiction. The Jersey City-based...Daytop New JerseyMendham, NJTreatment at Daytop New Jersey is behaviorally based and individualized to meet the needs of adolescents and adults with substance...Carrier Clinic - Blake Recovery CenterBelle Mead, NJThe Blake Recovery Center (BRC) at Carrier Clinic is one of the largest private, not-for-profit behavioral healthcare facilities in New...Maryville Addiction Treatment CenterWilliamstown, NJMaryville believes strongly in abstinence as the single most important element of recovery. Maryville advocates the use of 12-step programs,...Sequoia RecoveryWest Orange, NJIt is Sequoia Recovery’s philosophy to provide compassionate and professional care to all those who seek our help. We will...Guided Life StructuresSomerville, NJTo provide the highest quality, ethical, and affordable outpatient treatment for individuals and families who wish to recover and heal...Princeton House Behavioral Health - Princeton HealthCare SystemPrinceton, NJEstablishing a support system that promotes ongoing recovery and stability is a critical part of recovery. At Princeton House...GenPsych - BridgewaterBridgewater, NJYour comfort, well being, and recovery is our top priority at GenPsych. Our experienced and highly credentialed clinical team prides...Bergen Regional - Evergreen Substance Abuse Treatment CenterParamus, NJThe Evergreen Substance Abuse Treatment Program at Bergen Regional Medical Center offers a full range of addiction treatment services, including...Enlightened Solutions DetoxAtlantic City, NJOur philosophy is that addiction is a disease. We provide medical detox that is client-centered, with a holistic approach, to...Excel Treatment CenterDover, NJTo provide excellence in outpatient substance use treatment using strong clinical, psychiatric and family support services. We accomplish this by...Ayre Counseling, LLCMorristown, NJAyre Counseling distinguishes itself from other practices by the quality of its service, utilizing proven, evidence-based treatment and by the...Turning Point, Inc.Paterson, NJWe show men and women struggling with addiction exactly what they need to do to become clean and sober, and...Integrity HouseNewark, NJIntegrity House is committed to helping individuals and families through an effective and measurable system of comprehensive therapeutic community addictions...Summit Oaks HospitalSummit, NJThe mission of Summit Oaks Hospital is to improve the quality of life of those affected by mental illness and/or...High Focus CentersFreehold, NJHigh Focus Centers is New Jersey’s premier provider of structured outpatient substance abuse and psychiatric treatment programs. Our mission is to...Serenity at Summit New JerseyUnion, NJWe partner with the individual to begin a transformational journey from hope to healing and beyond. ...Recovery Centers of America OUTPATIENT SERVICES at VoorheesVoorhees Township, NJSaint Clare's Hospital, BoontonBoonton, NJU-Turn For Christ - Old BridgeOld Bridge, NJU-Turn For Christ employs the word of Christ to inspire chemically dependent adults to reassess their lives and produce satisfying,...Garden Heights RecoveryJersey City, NJGarden Heights was founded by addiction recovery professionals dedicated to helping those in need overcome substance abuse. As a Niznik...Freedom House, Inc.Clinton, NJFreedom House is a national leader in long-term treatment of adult men and women with alcohol and drug addictions, employing...Boca Recovery CenterGalloway, NJBoca Recovery Center is here to provide the best quality care in the treatment of drug and alcohol addiction.Samma Vayama Well-BeingGlassboro, NJSamma Vayama Well-Being (SVWB) integrates yoga and meditation with group, individual and family counseling to provide a unique and holistic...High Focus CentersSummit, NJHigh Focus Centers is New Jersey’s premier provider of structured outpatient substance abuse and psychiatric treatment programs. Our mission is to...Crawford HouseSkillman, NJSolstice Counseling & Wellness CenterPemberton, NJKennedy University Hospital - Behavioral Health ServicesCherry Hill, NJSOBA New JerseyNew Brunswick, NJSOBA New Jersey offers comprehensive clinical treatment and case management services to individuals suffering from substance abuse and mental...Hansen HouseEgg Harbor City, NJNew Horizon Treatment ServicesTrenton, NJSpectrum Health Care Inc.Jersey City, NJNew Hope Integrated Behavioral Health CareMarlboro Township, NJRiverview Medical Center - Addiction Recovery ProgramShrewsbury, NJEnlightened SolutionsEgg Harbor City, NJThe mission of Enlightened Solutions, LLC is to help individuals and families struggling with substance use disorder recover the mind,...Preferred Behavioral Health of New JerseyLakewood, NJNortheast Life Skills AssociatesPassaic, NJC U R A Inc - Counseling Services- Outpatient DepartmentNewark, NJCpc Behavioral Healthcare - Development Office- Addiction Recovery Services- Counseling OffRed Bank, NJEssex Substance Abuse Treatment Center IncElizabeth, NJRecovery Centers of America at DevonDevon, PAVeterans Affairs Medical Center Substance Abuse Treatment ProgramsEast Orange, NJInter County Council on Drug/Alc Abuse Opiate Treatment ClinicKearny, NJAmerican Habitare and Counseling IncNewark, NJSomerset Treatment ServicesSomerville, NJOrganization for RecoveryPlainfield, NJNew Brunswick Counseling CenterMount Holly, NJHendricks House IncVineland, NJKaleidoscope Healthcare IncJersey City, NJOpen DoorNew Brunswick, NJPaterson Counseling Center IncPaterson, NJThe Counseling Center at Clark, NJClark, NJKearny Drug & Alcohol AbuseKearny, NJSomerset County Offices & Institutions: Richard Hall CommunityBridgewater Township, NJIntegrity House Inc Intensive OutpatientNewark, NJNew Brunswick Counseling CenterNew Brunswick, NJ
Top Cities for Recovery
How to Choose the Best Addiction Rehab New Jersey Offers
Making the decision to take control and get free from drugs and alcohol from prescription and illicit drugs is an amazing feat, and may be the most crucial one you, your friend or family member can make. That's why you don't want to make your New Jersey rehab choice until you've reviewed all your alternatives and personal considerations such as wanting an luxury exclusive program or one offering executive rehab. We keep our number toll-free manned around the clock to answer these questions and others, such as those about addiction treatment insurance.
Ready to Find Help? Learn More about Residential Inpatient Treatment in New Jersey
The question of how long rehab takes for an alcohol or drug abuse depends on a number of factors. It begins with the person, what sort of dependence he or she has, and how severe the addiction is. Some substances may require only out-patient services, where you can can stay at home. Others require an inpatient stay at a residential recovery clinic. NJ addiction treatments, like those in most other states, offer everything from short-term, thirty day solutions up to 120 day and even longer-term choices. Talk to an advisor for more information on finding a addiction recovery center in New Jersey for you or your loved ones.
Drug Abuse Facts
How Long Will Recovering from Drug and Alcohol Addiction Take?
As you consider the price of rehabilitation in New Jersey, look at the expense as an investment in your life and the lives of your family. Most rehab clinics are able to take partial payment through any company or private insurance plan you have. If you wish to talk about your eligibility and the cost of treatment in NJ, dial us at at no charge to get direct and truthful answers to your questions.
Ready to Get Help and Change Your Life for Good?
Whether your NJ inpatient residential prescription and illicit drug treatment with take ninety days or ninety days, calling to get started improves your chances of becoming and staying healthy. Picking a rehabilitation facility that can meet your own requirements before you ever get there can also help a great deal. When you're ready to book treatment, our help line advisors can help you find the right location so you are throughly satisfied.
Drug Addiction in New Jersey
Like much of the nation, New Jersey has had a steep rise in the use of heroin and other opioids. From 2014 to 2015, the state’s rate of fatal drug overdoses rose by 16%.1 Individuals reporting addiction to prescription and synthetic opioids increased by more than 900% between 2001 and 2011.4
The good news is treatment admissions are up, and a significant number of people addicted to opioids appear to be getting help.
Addiction by the Numbers
- The state’s rate of past-month alcohol use among those age 12 and older (56.67%) and those age 12-20 (25.97%) were both above national averages in 2014-2015.13
- In 2014-2015, 13.9% of adolescents age 12-17 reported past-month alcohol use, compared to 10.6% of adolescents nationwide.7
- In 2015, the primary substances people sought treatment for in New Jersey were heroin (40%), alcohol (26%), marijuana (15%), and other opiates (7%).14
- From 2001 to 2011, admissions to drug treatment programs of all types in New Jersey rose 31%, compared to the national average of 4.3% during the same period.8
- Roughly one-fifth (21.3%) of individuals receiving drug treatment in New Jersey in 2011 were enrolled in an opioid treatment program, compared with 6.3% nationally.10
How Much Does Rehab Cost?
Your out-of-pocket costs for rehab can range from free to tens of thousands of dollars, depending on the treatment option you choose, the duration of the program, the location, and your insurance policy. For example, standard inpatient programs cost more than outpatient since they provide patients with room and board. Executive and luxury programs cost more than standard inpatient programs due to their upscale amenities and services, such as spa treatment, massage therapy, gourmet meals, swimming pools, etc.
A program in a more desirable location, such as by the beach, is likely to be more expensive than less coveted settings.
In 2015, there were more than 377 substance abuse facilities in New Jersey.12 The majority (93.7%) of these facilities treat clients with both drug and alcohol abuse issues.12
About 90% of New Jersey’s substance abuse facilities offer outpatient care, 14.9% offer residential, and 3.7% offer hospital inpatient.12 Almost all of these programs offer individual, group, family, and couples counseling, as well as discharge planning and aftercare.12
Local Resources for Recovering Addicts
- The Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services (DMHAS) offers resources, prevention programs, and hotlines for mental health, suicide, and addiction problems.
- The IME Addictions Access Center, also operated by DMHS, provides referrals to drug treatment programs across the state.
- Each county has at least one Designated Screening Services center for mental health and substance abuse, which can be a good alternative to an emergency room.
- The Opioid Overdose Recovery Program (OORP) specifically targets individuals revived from opioid overdoses with on-site peer support and referrals to treatment.
- DMHAS offers a particularly useful directory of mental health programs in the state, including descriptions of services that may be unfamiliar to the general public (e.g., supported employment).
- The Northern New Jersey and Southern New Jersey Alcoholics Anonymous programs provide free peer support to help people recover from alcohol abuse.
- Centers for Disease Control. (2016). Drug overdose death data.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2017). New Jersey 2016 Mental Health National Outcome Measures (NOMS): SAMHSA Uniform Reporting System.
- Mielke, V. (2017). Letter from Assistant Commissioner Valerie Mielke to CSS providers about the option to transition to fee for service either July 2017 or January 2018.
- Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2016). Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS), pp. 74-77.
- Muhuri PK, Gfroerer JC, Davies MC. Associations of Nonmedical Pain Reliever Use and Initiation of Heroin Use in the United States. Rockville, MD: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration; 2013.
- Jones CM. Heroin use and heroin use risk behaviors among nonmedical users of prescription opioid pain relievers – United States, 2002-2004 and 2008-2010. Drug Alcohol Depend. 2013; 132(1-2):95-100.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2017). Behavioral Health Barometer: New Jersey, Volume 4.
- Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2016). Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS), pp. 48-49.
- Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2016). Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS), pp. 55-65.
- Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2016). Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS), pp. 78-79.
- Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2016). Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS), pp. 50-51.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. National Survey of Substance Abuse Treatment Services (N-SSATS), 2015 State Profile – New Jersey.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. National Survey on Drug Use and Health: 2014-2015 State-Specific Tables of Model-Based Estimates.
- Zhu, L. (2016). New Jersey Drug and Alcohol Abuse Treatment: Substance Abuse Overview 2015 Statewide.
About the AAC Helpline
American Addiction Centers (AAC) is the leading provider for addiction treatment nationwide, specializing in evidence-based treatment and mental healthcare. With 9 locations across the U.S., AAC has a facility near you that is ready to help you start your journey to sobriety today.
When you call the helpline displayed on Recovery.org, you will be connected with a caring admissions navigator to discuss your options for treatment. Our representatives work solely for AAC and will discuss whether an AAC facility may be an option for you.
Our helpline is offered at no cost to you and with no obligation to enter into treatment. Neither Recovery.org nor AAC receives any commission or other fee that is dependent upon which treatment provider a visitor may ultimately choose.
For more information, visit americanaddictioncenters.org.