Review 19 Drug and Alcoholism Recovery Centers and Resources in Maine
McLean Signature Recovery Programs: Borden CottageCamden, MEHarvard Medical School-affiliated McLean Borden Cottage specializes in residential treatment plans that address the primary addiction as well as accompanying...
Foundation HousePortland, MEAddicts often imagine a life of sobriety as lacking the adventure and thrill they were used to while in the...
Mercy HospitalPortland, ME
Teen Challenge MaineWinthrop, METeen Challenge Maine was established in 2007 to reach, rescue and restore young men and at-risk youth from the grip...
MaineGeneral Health - Intensive Outpatient ProgramWaterville, ME
Spring Harbor HospitalWestbrook, ME
Kennebec Behavioral HealthSkowhegan, ME
Banyan Treatment Center - WilmingtonWilmington, MABanyan Treatment Center's mission is to help struggling drug addicts and alcoholics reach their goal of a healthy, happy and...
Saint Marys Regional Medical Center Chemical Dependency ServiceLewiston, ME
Aroostook Mental Health Center Outpatient Substance Abuse ServicesPresque Isle, ME
Discovery House of Washington CountyCalais, ME
Aroostook Mental Health Center Outpatient Substance Abuse ServicesMadawaska, ME
Rockland MetroRockland, ME
Serenity at Summit New EnglandHaverhill, MAWe partner with the individual to begin a transformational journey from hope to healing and beyond. ...
Mount Desert Island Hospital Behavioral Health CenterBar Harbor, ME
Aroostook Mental Health Center Outpatient Substance Abuse ServicesHoulton, ME
Kennebec Behavioral HealthWaterville, ME
Choice Skyward Mid Coast Mental Health CenterRockland, ME
Mid-Coast Mental Health Center Branch OfficeBelfast, ME
Recovery Centers of America at DanversDanvers, MAOur addiction treatment philosophy centers around offering evidence-based, individualized treatment solutions for individuals and families struggling with drug and alcohol...
Drug Rehabilitation Inc Day One ResidenceHollis Center, ME
Regional Medical CenterLubec, ME
How to Choose the Best Addiction Rehab Maine Offers
Resolving to take back your life and get clean from drugs and alcohol from alcohol, prescription and street drugs is a big undertaking, and may be the most critical one you, your spouse or relative will ever make. That's why you don't want to make your Maine rehab choice until you've pinpointed all your alternatives and personal considerations such as wanting an exclusive executive facility or one offering luxury recovery. We keep our no-charge helpline manned at any time of day to answer these questions and others, such as those about addiction treatment insurance.
Ready to Find Help? Learn More about Residential Inpatient Treatment in Maine
The length of recovery for an alcohol or substance abuse depends on a number of factors. It begins with the person, what sort of dependence he or she has, and how severe the addiction is. Some substances may require only out-patient services, where you can do home treatment. Others require an inpatient stay at a residential addiction treatment clinic. rehab, like those in most other states, offer everything from short-term, 28-day solutions up to 4-month and even longer-term choices. Talk to an advisor for more information on finding a addiction recovery center in Maine for you or your loved ones.
Drug Abuse Facts
How Long Can Recovering from Drug and Alcohol Addiction Take?
Regarding the price of rehabilitation in Maine, look at the expense as an investment in your health and well-being. Most treatment clinics are able to take partial payment through any PPO or HMO plan you have. If you wish to talk about your eligibility and the cost of treatment in , dial our number, toll-free to get clear answers to your questions.
Ready to Get Help and Change Your Life for Good?
Whether your inpatient residential alcohol, prescription and street drug treatment with take a month or 3 months, beginning recovery today improves your chances of getting and staying healthy. Deciding on a rehabilitation program that can meet your own expectations before you ever begin rehab can also help a lot. When you're ready to book treatment, our hotline advisors can help you find the right location so you can start your new, sober life.
Drug Addiction in Maine
Maine is currently struggling with a deadly addiction epidemic, as overdose rates rose nearly 40% in 2016. Heroin and fentanyl, both powerful opioid drugs, are largely responsible for the uptick in overdose deaths. The impact of this epidemic has been felt all over Maine, both in rural areas and cities.1
In 2016, Maine spent $74.5 million in substance abuse treatment services for Medicaid members and the uninsured and served more than 20,000 persons with addiction. This is a 30% increase over 2008.4 Maine’s Department of Health and Human Services announced in 2016 that it would spend an additional $2.4 million to create 359 new medication-assisted treatment slots for uninsured individuals in need of opioid addiction treatment.4
Addiction by the Numbers
- In 2015, Maine’s rate of drug overdose was the 13th highest in the country. 2
- Of the 376 drug-related deaths in Maine in 2016, 84% involved opioids.1
- In 2016, the number of deaths from prescription painkillers reached 123, and this is the highest it has been since 2010.1
- A 2013 report found that more than 1 out of 10 high school students had misused a prescription drug in their lifetime.3
- Past-month marijuana use among Maine youth age 12-17 was significantly above the national average in 2014-2015 (10% vs. 7.2%). That rate has steadily increased from 2011-2012.5
- Past-month alcohol use among those age 12-17 was also high in 2014-2015 and above the national average (12.5% vs. 10.6%).5
- Nearly 1 in 7 young adults aged 18 to 25 needed but did not receive alcohol treatment in 2012-2013. During the same period, 1 in 10 needed illicit drug treatment but did not receive it.3
How Much Does Rehab Cost?
Pinpointing a standard price for drug rehab is difficult. This is because there are many approaches to addiction treatment, and patients may receive varying services depending on the severity of their addiction and the presence of any co-occurring disorders.
In general, inpatient treatment is more expensive than outpatient programs, and luxury facilities are more expensive than standard facilities. Other factors such as length of stay will also impact the cost of treatment.
Recovery programs throughout the state of Maine offer a variety of substance abuse treatment options including medication-assisted therapy, residential treatment, detox, and behavioral therapy. There are more than 350 treatment beds available for those seeking residential substance abuse treatment in Maine and 50 beds exclusively for detox services.4
If you’re unsure what type of treatment you need, don’t worry, a rehab specialist will be able to explain your options and give you recommendations for your unique situation.
Local Resources for Recovering Addicts
- National Directory of Drug and Alcohol Abuse Treatment Facilities 2017: Includes a list of substance abuse treatment programs in Maine.
- Maine Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services: Links to resources for help with drug addiction. Includes a link to the SAMHSA Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator.
- Maine 211: Resource directory that can be used to search for various substance abuse and mental health treatment programs.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: Opioid Treatment Program Directory: Directory that can be searched for medication-assisted treatment programs for opioid addiction.
- Office of the Maine Attorney General. (2017). Attorney General Janet Mills Releases Expanded 2016 Drug Death Report.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2016). Drug Overdose Death Data.
- Maine Department of Health and Human Services Office of Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services. (2015). Substance Abuse Trends in Maine: State Epidemiological Profile 2015.
- Maine DHHS. (2017). Substance Abuse Treatment In Maine.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. (2017). Behavioral Health Barometer: Maine, Volume 4.