Last Updated: June 14, 2018
Recovery.org is developed and maintained by Recovery Brands, with offices in San Diego, CA, Los Angeles, CA, and New York, NY. After its acquisition by American Addiction Centers in mid-2015, Recovery Brands now operates as a division of Sober Media Group, LLC, a digital media arm of AAC. Subsidiaries of AAC operate the following treatment centers:
- AdCare Boston Outpatient
- AdCare Hospital
- AdCare North Dartmouth Outpatient
- AdCare Quincy Outpatient
- AdCare Rhode Island
- AdCare Warwick Outpatient
- AdCare West Springfield Outpatient
- AdCare Worcester Outpatient
- Clinical Services of Rhode Island, Greenville
- Clinical Services of Rhode Island, Portsmouth
- Clinical Services of Rhode Island, South Kingstown
- Desert Hope
- Desert Hope Treatment Center – Outpatient
- Laguna Treatment Hospital
- Oxford Treatment Center, Etta
- Oxford Treatment Center, Olive Branch
- Oxford Treatment Center, Oxford
- Oxford Treatment Center, Tupelo
- Recovery First
- Recovery First
- River Oaks
- San Diego Addiction Treatment Center
- Solutions Recovery
- Sunrise House
- Townsend Recovery Center – New Orleans
- Townsend Treatment Centers, Baton Rouge
- Townsend Treatment Centers, Covington
- Townsend Treatment Centers, Houma
- Townsend Treatment Centers, Lafayette
- Townsend Treatment Centers, Lake Charles
- Townsend Treatment Centers, Metairie
- Townsend Treatment Centers, New Orleans
We are real people who have had experience with addiction and recovery—some of us firsthand, with others having seen the havoc it can wreak on family and friends. We have come out of the other side stronger for it, and firmly believing that recovery is possible for everyone. There is no tried-and-true formula that works for every person, and we will all take different paths. Still, we believe that recovery is absolutely possible, and that it should be placed within reach of anyone and everyone who wishes to get better.
We’re investing in projects like this one to make everyone a believer. See more of them under the section “What’s to Come on Recovery.org?”
We’ve spent years building this website into a meaningful and authoritative resource, and we continue to make improvements. If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know.
How This Site Works
Our addiction treatment directory has more than 8,000 listings for facilities, recovery programs, and recovery resources across the United States. We constantly strive to verify, enhance and increase the resources in our database. We work with treatment providers and resource managers to help build out their listings. If you work with a facility or program you’d like to see added or modified, please let us know and we’ll do our best to help.
We work with AAC and other sponsoring treatment centers to ensure that every call is answered, and admissions advice is available to everyone, free of charge. Near each helpline number, you will find a “Who Answers?” link or similar link that explains which treatment centers will answer your call. AAC and our sponsors operate treatment centers, but may also refer you to alternate solutions that might better fit your needs. We provide every facility, sponsored or not, with a free listing in our directory, allowing visitors to choose – and quickly contact – whichever addiction treatment facility they are considering. Our helpline is offered at no cost to you and with no obligation to enter into treatment. If you are struggling with addiction, we urge you not to delay in getting help at the facility that best fits your needs.
What’s To Come on Recovery.org?
Finding, and deciding on, a recovery solution can seem a difficult process. That’s why we’ve assembled a tremendous collection of resources on our site – to provide clarity and guidance to those who need it. We’ll continue to build on this foundation, offering new and helpful utilities for those on the path to recovery, as well as for their family and friends. In the near future, you will see:
- Recovery Community Forums – Want to share a recovery success story? Unsure how to help a family member with a drug or alcohol problem? Our new community boards will allow you to discuss / ask questions / get help with others like you.
- Pro Corner – We’re creating a special password-protected area of our forums for the exclusive use of addiction treatment professionals to discuss the topics that are most important to them.
- 12-Step Meeting Directory – Whether you want to attend a meeting near your home or while out-of-town on business — with our 12-Step Meeting Directory, you’ll find a wealth of resources to help you stay on track.
- Reviews – We have begun large-scale surveying of recovery center alumni, family/friends and staff, providing you with continually updated recovery center reviews.
- Expert Contributions – Professionally authored and edited content as it pertains to recovery.
Just a few sites who have featured Recovery.org content:
“…recovery.org, a site that helps people bounce back from addiction…”
“In an effort to increase substance abuse awareness, Recovery.org…compile[d] 100 mugshots from marijuana, DUI, and methamphetamine arrests to see what the average face looks like on drugs.”
517 4th Ave
San Diego, CA 92101