Many individuals struggling with drugs or alcohol seek treatment through traditional means, such as 12-step facilities and medications, to help them overcome their addictions. However, holistic drug recovery centers are becoming increasingly popular and have been deemed by many doctors to be a successful approach to drug and alcohol addiction treatment.
Holistic drug recovery centers help patients seek relief and recovery from serious addictions by improving the health of the mind, body and spirit. They are considered alternatives to standard or mainstream treatment, such as psychotherapy and medication-assisted treatment. According to the Drug Abuse Warning Network, an estimated 2.1 million visits to hospital emergency departments, or EDs, resulted from drug abuse or misuse in 2009, or approximately 647 ED visits per 100,000 individuals every year. The study showed that 52.1 percent of these visits directly involved pharmaceuticals, 47 percent involved the use of illicit drugs, and 31.8 percent directly involved alcohol.
How Does Holistic Drug Treatment Work?
Holistic doctors have implemented various natural healing techniques to remove drug and alcohol toxins from a person's body with or without the use of medications. Holistic doctors have implemented various natural healing techniques to remove drug and alcohol toxins from a person's body with or without the use of medications. According to Louisiana's Department of Behavioral Health, patients can face the underlying spiritual, mental, and physical struggles that led them to seek the consolation of drugs or alcohol through yoga, acupuncture, art therapy, meditation and many other alternatives. Holistic drug recovery programs help treat the entire being, healing a person mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally.
The National Institute on Drug Abuse explains that holistic drug recovery programs can help patients:
- Identify what is triggering their addictions.
- Understand the step-by-step events that led to drug use.
- Stop the addiction early.
- Cope with triggers through visualization, thought disruption, and relaxation.
- Find alternatives to drug abuse.
- Develop a long-term recovery plan
Top holistic drug recovery centers combine traditional treatments, such as 24/7 medical care, drug detox, and group or individual therapy with holistic services for the perfect balance of healing. These services may include:
- Nutritional therapy
- Exercise routines
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual counseling
- Art therapy.
- Music therapy.
- Tai chi
Most holistic alcohol recovery facilities focus on mindfulness and how an individual connects with nature. For this reason, most holistic drug recovery centers are located in peaceful locations, such as in the mountains or near bodies of water, to help nurture patients back to health.
What Are the Levels of Treatment?
Patients can also participate in partial-day programs, spending half a day at a holistic drug recovery facility where they can focus on proper therapy and education. If a patient chooses an outpatient program, he or she will participate in care for a few hours each week for several months. If you are searching for a way back to a healthy lifestyle free from addictions, we can help. Call 1-888-319-2606 to discuss the treatment options available to you.
Finding the Right Drug Recovery Facility
Top holistic drug recovery centers offer one-on-one activities and counseling sessions to help patients beat drug and alcohol addictions. These programs focus more on individualized therapy and are based on the idea that addictions should be treated in varying degrees in order for recovery to be successful. Patients can choose from holistic drug recovery facilities, gender-specific programs that focus on healing without distractions, teen recovery programs that focus specifically on the recovery challenges of patients in their teens, and religious recovery programs that promote healing through the incorporation of religious philosophies.
Holistic drug recovery facilities typically require a minimum stay of 30 days to ensure proper treatment, allowing patients to focus fully on recovery. However, not all recovery centers are the same. Each facility offers unique recovery plans tailored to each person's needs. If you want help finding a top holistic drug recovery facility, please call us at 1-888-319-2606. As you search for a holistic alcohol recovery center, you should consider several criteria:
- If the staff-to-patient ratio is low, individualized sessions will help patients heal quickly, because they will feel that the therapists know and understand what they are going through.
- Holistic drug recovery centers should have highly trained and educated therapists who have earned a master's degree in behavioral science and social work. A higher level of education will provide therapists with the necessary knowledge to successfully promote behavioral changes in patients.
- Group therapy can help patients know they are not alone in struggling with an addiction. However, having the proper balance of group therapy and individualized sessions can keep patients on track.
- Holistic treatment programs approach healing from a whole-body perspective. Therapeutic exercises, such as tai chi, yoga, music and art, can help patients release built-up toxins, promoting a faster healing process for body, mind and spirit.
- Many holistic drug recovery facilities have apartments off grounds where patients live during the detoxification process. Having an enclosed residential setting at the facility can help build up a patient's self-esteem and self-worth, promoting a happy, healthy lifestyle.
- A top addiction recovery program will require follow-up care once a patient is finished with treatment. High-quality holistic drug recovery programs will provide solid plans and activities for the patient to practice upon release, ensuring a continuing healing process.
Most alcoholics and drug addicts are unable to stop their unhealthy addictions without outside intervention. Those who do seek the help of holistic drug recovery centers, support groups or specialists hold a higher chance of remaining drug- or alcohol-free. If you or someone you know is struggling with a life-threatening addiction or substance abuse issue, we are available 24/7. Call us at 1-888-319-2606 to discuss available treatment options.
You Only Get One Body - Get Clean & Sober
- Video conferencing provided for family therapy sessions for those with out of town families.
- Holistic treatments including yoga, art and music therapy.
- Extremely confidential facilities ensuring ultimate privacy and discretion.
- Gender specific treatment focusing on males only.