The first thing to do when you're looking for the best drug rehab and recovery facility is to compile a list of the things that are important to you and stick to it. Choosing the best recovery center isn't as simple as thumbing through a book and landing on any center listed at random under best recovery facilities, nor is finding the best recovery facility going to be as easy as shopping around for the best recovery program for the price and simply going wherever addiction recovery is practiced. Choosing the best drug rehabilitation center is serious business, and it can make all the difference to an addict who's ready to start recovery.
Things to Consider When Picking the Right Recovery Program
The first thing to do when you're looking for the best drug rehab and recovery facility is to compile a list of the things that are important to you and stick to it. Some of the factors that will influence your decision include:
- Price. Some addiction programs are covered by some insurance policies, while some aren't covered by any policies. If a program is not covered by your insurance , it will have to be paid for out of pocket.
- Location. You need to take into account the distance between the top drug recovery center you're considering and the place you live. The facility's location can be a tough decision, however, because no good answer exists for everybody. On one hand, a nearby recovery center can be good, due to family and other elements of support being in place and close enough to visit, all of which can contribute to a successful recovery. On the other hand, a nearby center is usually not a good choice when elements within the home environment itself have contributed to the spiral of addiction.
- Program. Some of the best drug rehabilitation programs adhere to the classic 12-step model for sponsored recovery, while others depart from the overtly religious model of the 12-step program , preferring to focus on a more medical model. The differences are important to consider, because it will be difficult for a non-religious person to work a 12-step plan that leans heavily on a "higher power"; on the contrary, it might be difficult for a religious or spiritual addict to make significant progress without addressing the spiritual component of their addiction first.
- Duration of the program . When you are laying the plans for the trip to whichever top drug recovery facility you have chosen, don't neglect the return trip. Make sure you learn about things such as the length of the typical residency and the plans for discharge at one facility versus the other. These factors will play a critical role in determining the likelihood of relapse in the critical days and weeks following your release from the program.
Once a short list of top drug recovery programs has been identified and the top drug or alcohol recovery facilities that employ them have been investigated for their general compatibility, it's time to make a choice. Making the choice to begin the treatment process for drug or alcohol addiction can be the most difficult step an addict ever has to undertake. If you, or another person close to you, have come to the point of reaching out for the help that's available, please call 1-888-319-2606 today.
Other Factors to Consider
Another essential element in maintaining long-term positive outcomes for recovering addicts is the kind of social support that's made available during and after the initial rehabilitation process. Another study, conducted by Rutgers University and published in the Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs, considered the outcomes for drug and alcohol abusers enrolled in 12-step and other peer-support systems. Recovering users were assessed at up to 27 years of sobriety and determined to show a strong correlation between long-term improvements in behavior and outlook, and their depth of involvement in post-acute therapeutic communities, such as Alcoholics Anonymous , and other 12-step programs. Another feature of a good rehabilitation program is its focus on the effort to create sponsorship relationships and build up a community of support around the individual in recovery.
It's never easy to face an addiction, but as a life-threatening condition , drug and alcohol dependency must be recognized and acted on before it's too late. Call 1-888-319-2606 today to find the best recovery facility for you.
You Only Get One Body - Get Clean & Sober
- A comprehensive approach to substance use disorder treatment
- Community and peer-based models such as 12-step mutual aid programs
- Long-term recovery training and strategic planning
- A full continuum of care from detoxification to recovery residences and after-care