Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous is a 12-step recovery program that builds on the tradition of Alcoholics Anonymous and on similar treatment methods to craft a solution for people who are stuck in various kinds of sexual and relationship dysfunction. Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous is open to people with an addictive compulsion to either engage in or to avoid love, sex and relationships generally. A misconception exists in society regarding the nature and treatment of sexual and relationship compulsions, and Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous was created to address it.
What Is Sexual Compulsion?
Sexual compulsion, which is sometimes referred to as hyper-sexuality, nymphomania or sex addiction, is usually defined as having an obsession with sexual fantasies, feelings or activities that affects your health, career or relationships with the people in your life.
A sexually compulsive behavior may involve a sexual preference or ordinary proclivity that rises to the level of an obsession that interferes with a normal life. It may also involve ideas or actions that are considered to lie beyond the bounds of what is culturally, legally or morally acceptable sexual behavior.
Sexual compulsion is a maligned and easily misunderstood phenomenon. A taboo subject and often a target of ridicule, a sexual addiction is dangerous and, if allowed to run unchecked, will often grow worse over time, with more and more risky behavior exacting a high personal cost, until it can no longer be controlled. If you suffer from a compulsive need for, or avoidance of, sexual or other intimate behavior, please call 1-888-319-2606 today to speak with a sympathetic professional who knows what you're going through.
The History of Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous
Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous was founded to help sexually compulsive people learn to live their lives on a path of recovery, as opposed to suffering from the perpetual distractions and torments of a sexual compulsion. Signs that you may have a serious problem or that you need help can include:
- A lack of enforceable boundaries, which have the potential to fundamentally interfere with your life and the lives of others
- A dependence on, or irresistible urge to engage in, progressively worse and more dangerous sexual behavior
- Obsessive thoughts of a sexual nature or fantasies that revolve around risky sexual behavior
- A continued and even heightened indulgence in these thoughts and behaviors despite obvious adverse consequences
"The good news is that with time and dedication, a compulsive sexual disorder may be overcome and the addict can be left free to live a normal life." An addiction to sex, a general lack of constructive boundaries, or a compulsive avoidance of normal, healthy sexual and relationship behaviors are all signs that you or someone you may know is suffering from negative emotions and a potentially very destructive set of motivational priorities. If this describes you, or if you are worried about somebody you know and care for, please call us today at 1-888-319-2606. The lines are open around the clock every day of the week. When you call, we'll help you find the resources you need to get past your sex addiction by putting you in contact with organizations such as Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous, which is devoted to the cause of lifelong recovery.
How to Recover from Sex and Love Addiction
As Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous continues to counter the destructive consequences of sex and love addiction, it continues to draw on the major principles of the 12-step movement, which are:
- Recovery: A willingness to stop acting out with addictive sexual and relationship behavior on a regular basis
- Sponsorship and meetings: Frequent personal contact with sponsors and other members of the Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous sharpens the members' capacity to reach out for support
- The 12 steps: The continuing and dedicated practice of the 12-step mechanism for personal, anonymous recovery support group to achieve sexual and interpersonal freedom from compulsion
- Service: What each member of Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous receives for free, they are expected to pay back, through service to others, both inside and outside of the group
- Spirituality: As with all 12-step recovery programs, Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous is based on the concept of a higher power, urging its members to cultivate a relationship with that higher power and turn to it for help in the recovery process
It's important to explore your options before committing to a particular recovery program. After all, what has been seen to work for one person in the past will not necessarily work again for another individual. The good news is that with time and dedication, a compulsive sexual disorder may be overcome and the addict can be left free to live a normal life. Call us for 1-888-319-2606 for more information on Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous meetings in your area.
You Only Get One Body - Get Clean & Sober
- Nestled among serene rolling pastures 30 minutes south of Dallas
- The latest treatments and medications to manage and resolve any withdrawal
- State of the art therapies to improve the symptoms and stressors that often create barriers
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing), Hypnotherapy and Experiential Therapy