"You must admit that crystal meth is making your life unmanageable and that you have no control over your addiction."If you are or someone you love is struggling with an addiction to crystal meth, you may be able to get help from a Crystal Meth Anonymous 12-step recovery program. Based on the 12-step approach to addiction that was first created by the group Alcoholics Anonymous, this group has helped many people get past their addictions. Before joining a Crystal Meth Anonymous support group, you may want to learn a little more about the program.
The 12 Steps of Crystal Meth Anonymous
When people turn to a Crystal Meth Anonymous recovery programs, they spend time working through the 12 steps that have been designed to help them quit using crystal meth. According to Crystal Meth Anonymous, the 12 steps are as follows:
- We admitted that we were powerless over crystal meth and our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of a God of our understanding.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked God to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with a God of our understanding praying only for the knowledge of God's will for us, and the power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to crystal meth addicts, and to practice these principles in all of our affairs.
The First Step
"If you decide to start your recovery using the Crystal Meth Anonymous 12-step recovery program, you may attend support meetings."The first step in the process is admitting that you need help. If your life has become unmanageable and you feel like you have no control over your crystal meth addiction, it is time to begin your recovery journey.
If you need help, we are standing by to take your call. When you call us at 1-888-319-2606, we will help you find a recovery program for your crystal meth addiction.
If you decide to start your recovery using the Crystal Meth Anonymous 12-step recovery program, you may attend support meetings. Depending upon where you live, you may be able to find different types of meetings. The Crystal Meth Anonymous Chicagoland Area Intergroup, for instance, offers three different types of meetings.
Someone who is interested in learning more about Crystal Meth Anonymous may want to attend an open meeting. There, they will learn a little more about the program and may even get to hear from other addicts who have already completed the road to recovery. Once someone has decided to start the Crystal Meth Anonymous program, they may attend closed meetings as well as open meetings. Closed meetings give addicts the chance to focus on their personal stories and their recovery journeys.
If you decide to stay in a rehab and recovery facility, you may be able to attend Hospitals and Institutions, or H&I, meetings. These meetings may give you the opportunity to use the 12-step approach while you are living in a rehabilitation institution.
Crystal Meth Addiction
According to the National Institutes of Health, meth addiction can have several adverse effects on a person's health. If you have been addicted to meth for a long time, you may experience any of the following health effects:
- Constant feelings of anxiety or confusion
- An inability to fall asleep
- Uncharacteristically violent behavior
- Paranoia or other symptoms of psychosis
Finding the Help You Need
If you are suffering from the adverse effects of a crystal meth addiction, it is time to get help. We are standing by 24/7 to take your call. You simply need to pick up the phone and call 1-888-319-2606.
You Only Get One Body - Get Clean & Sober